The total number of insurance brokers licensed in Poland at the end of 2017 was of 1,416. Throughout the year, 34 deletions from the register of insurance brokers were made, a Polish Financial Supervision Authority’s Report on the condition of the brokerage market in 2017 shows.
In 2017, brokers have cashed intermediation fees amounting to PLN 1.2 billion (~EUR 287.8 million), an increase of 6% y-o-y, while the volume of mediated premiums amounted to PLN 7.1 billion (~EUR 1.7 billion), corresponding to an intermediation rate of about 11.3%. The average intermediation fee was of 15%.
The insurers that have benefitted the most from the brokers’ mediation services were: PZU (mediated GWP worth PLN 1.9 billion), PZU Zycie (PLN 1.6 billion), Ergo Hestia (PLN 884 million), Warta (PLN 649 million), Uniqa (PLN 262 million). About 88% of the premiums mediated by brokers were placed with domestic insurance companies, while the remaining 12% were intermediated for foreign insurers operating in Poland on FOS and FOE.