According to our research, the cheapest auto insurers are USAA, Geico, Traveler’s and State Farm. If you are a member of the military or a veteran, USAA is hard to beat. If you are not a member of the military, Geico might be your cheapest option, followed by Travelers and State Farm.
To find the cheapest companies, we compared sources such as The Zebra, US News and the individual company websites. Where the numbers fluctuated, we used an average to arrive at our conclusions. We considered a medium amount of coverage. How much coverage you need will vary according to your state laws, and whether you own your car or are still making payments.
Shop for the best rates quickly and easily
Save money on auto coverage with our simple comparison tool.ZIP CodeCurrent insurer
- Not Currently Insured
- 21st Century
- Access Insurance
- American Alliance Insurance
- American Automobile Insurance
- American Family
- Anchor General
- Bristol West
- Commerce West
- Country Insurance and Financial Services
- Dairyland Insurance
- Direct General
- Equity Auto Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Farm Bureau/Farm Family/Rural
- First Acceptance
- Fred Loya
- Freeway Insurance
- High Point Insurance
- IFA Auto Insurance
- Imperial Fire & Casualty
- Infinity Insurance
- Insurance Depot
- Liberty Mutual
- National Insurance
- Ocean Harbor
- Omni Insurance
- Peak Property and Casualty Insurance
- Permanent General
- Plymouth Rock
- Safeway Insurance
- Sante Fe
- State Farm
- The General
- The Hartford
- US Agencies
- United Insurance
- Unitrin Direct
- Viking Insurance
- Wawanesa Mutual
- 16 to 20
- 21 to 24
- 25 to 34
- 35 to 44
- 45 to 54
- Over 65
I’m marriedI own a homeI’ve served in the militaryFind matches
Cheapest Car Insurance Companies
- USAA came in as the cheapest car insurance company with a $966 average annual policy cost.
- GEICO followed as the second cheapest car insurance company with a $1,063 average annual policy cost.
- Travelers ranked as the third cheapest car insurance company with a $1,212 average annual policy cost.
- State Farm is the fourth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,260 average annual policy cost.
- Nationwide is the fifth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,320 average annual policy cost.
- American Family is the sixth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,326 average annual policy cost.
- Farmers is the seventh cheapest car insurance company with a $1,434 average annual policy cost.
- Progressive is the eighth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,492 average annual policy cost.
- Liberty Mutual is the ninth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,512 average annual policy cost.
- Allstate is the tenth cheapest car insurance company with a $1,778 average annual policy cost.
|Company||Average cost of an annual policy without a claim||Average cost of an annual policy if you file a claim|
Most states require a minimum of liability insurance, but you’ll want full coverage to make sure you’re completely covered in the event you need to make an insurance claim. Minimum insurance coverage typically includes:
- Bodily injury liability. Covers medical bills for you and/or the person you injured.
- Property damage liability. Covers damage to property.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. In case you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist.
- Medical payments.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Similar to medical payments, covers you and your passengers regardless of fault up to the policy limit.
Full coverage includes damage to your vehicle in case of accident, theft or weather. It also includes roadside assistance and the cost of renting a vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired…